February 23, 2013

Midtown Fancy

Midtown Manhattan. A random building I walked through, simply because it meant I wouldn't have to walk a whole block. Each block seemed to have at least one building that had entrances at both ends of the street, usually manned by a young male security guard/receptionist.

I assume from the decor that this is either a fancy office building, or a fancy apartment building. What I loved most about Midtown was its grandness: cluster after cluster of tall buildings with beautiful facades, the wide streets that divide the city into manageable squares, and iconic monuments that you encounter almost unexpectedly. Most of all, I appreciated that the city's architectural history had been preserved so well.

The post box in the lobby. [And sigh.]

Gold motifs on Fifth Avenue stores.

No comments: